Job Title: General Manager
Reporting to: The Board of Dovetail Enterprises (1993) Ltd.
Date: June 2021
Salary: Dependent on experience
The primary responsibility of this role will be to ensure that all parts of the business consistently work towards achieving the goal of returning to profitability by providing strong commercial leadership and direction.
As well as responsibility for the performance of the senior management team, the General Manager will be required to liaise with the Board and key stakeholders and participate fully in monthly Board meetings.
- Oversee, direct and continually review the effectiveness of the Company’s commercial operations and sales function.
- Be responsible for the development of strategies for the business in response to the COVID-19 crisis by delivering against key objectives that should be created in conjunction with the Board and senior management team.
- Lead and develop the senior management team, whilst influencing staff at all levels of the business by managing through clear and concise individual and collective goals and objectives, supported by agreed key performance
- Provide front line leadership and direction of the business whilst overseeing performance against departmental budgets and
- Accountable for continuing to implement the key recommendations of a detailed action plan produced for the Company in 2020 by an external firm of consultants.
- Provide ongoing analytical insight and comment to the Board on the Company’s commercial and financial performance, taking whatever steps are necessary – with the Board’s prior approval – to ensure that the business remains stable.
- Responsible for ensuring that the charitable objectives of providing training and employment for people with additional needs continue to be met and further developed.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A verifiable track record that demonstrates strong commercial management and experience with good all-round communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Experience of working at a senior level within a manufacturing environment, with a good understanding of business finance and in particular product contribution analysis.
- Capable of dealing with the complex challenges associated with a business that is going through a turnaround process.
- Able to provide strong leadership across all areas of the business.
- Demonstrate previous success in liaising between commercial and manufacturing operations. Having the ability to plan and coordinate resources.
- Ability to develop long term strategies, within a complex and changing environment alongside senior colleagues whilst influencing and negotiating with key stakeholders.
- An understanding of working in the third or charitable sector would be beneficial but is not essential.
Applications in strictest confidence by Friday 25th June to [email protected]